Country: Home based, Germany
Summary of Role:
Responsible for growing and developing the GC Aesthetics organisation and overseeing the development of our business throughout the country. Lead and Manage the Direct Sales organisation for GC Aesthetics in country, supporting the strategy development, recruiting, leading and motivating the sales team.
- Drive the sales plans and budget for the region; ensuring cash collection resolution is effectively managed.
- Achieve the Sales Target in terms of volumes and profitability; leading the team to exceed targets.
- Capture increased market share and enhance the GC Aesthetics Brand awareness in the country.
- Establish, manage, and develop a sales team and agents.
- Build up and educate the sales team and provide coaching and training.
- Bring more experience of value selling, sales management and people development, to build up and maintain a competitive, sustainable, and growing team
- Work with Marketing to define the long-term product, market strategy, in order to enhance Brand recognition and raise the customer satisfaction.
- Support the international Marketing Team with local adaption of corporate Strategy.
- Work with sales and manufacturing teams to ensure that we have coverage of the local market and deliver our product on time whilst embodying our We Care philosophy as we develop the business.
- Establish long term and good relationships with senior customers to establish strategic business partnerships. Ensure frequent contact with key customers on a country basis.
- Support Regulatory on local specific requirements for Medical Products.
The more detailed responsibilities associated with the role fall into a few distinct categories and are described at a high level below.
- Leadership and organisation
The sales leader role carries the highest stake for our business through being close to our customer and managing those facing our customers. Therefore it is imperative the leader is fielding the right team, who are engaged and performing. Each of these themes is expanded on below:
- The right people
Ensure we are fielding the right team in terms of talent, skills/experience mix and diversity. From a talent point of view ensuring each member of the team: a. builds great relationships b. is technically adept and c. is commercially astute.
- Communicate objectives and accountabilities clearly. Targets need to be fair but stretching, transparent and laid down once with no “shifting of goal posts”.
- Make sure the team are well equipped to meet their objectives in the various forms this can take.
- Encourage and facilitate learning and growth for individuals and the team.
- Reward and recognise achievement.
- Work with cross functional teams (i.e. Finance, Regulatory, HR, Customer Services) to deliver business objectives.
- View the business as their own.
- Be passionate in their customer focus and service ethic.
- Maintain an infrastructure that is motivational, recognises achievers and holds underperformance accountable.
- Encourage new ideas and let people deliver their way within a framework of business planning and territory management.
- Development of future leaders and talent.
2. Sales Management
- Business Planning
The leader will need to set an example in producing realistic business plans for their remit paying attention to the overall business objectives and constraints and view the business as their own. Balance will need to be exercised in collaboratively working with the other country and functional leaders in creating plans that best service the company’s global objectives.
This in turn will be complemented by individual territory plans.
- Sales Process Management
Managing the three key elements of our sales process namely: funnel and opportunity qualification, closing current leads, building loyalty with existing customers ensuring each Area Sales Manager is on track.
Work closely across the entire organisation to ensure the team are well equipped and supported.
- Forecasting and reporting
Provide regular timely forecasts of performance, product demand, expenditure etc. Report as required to ensure the region and team are on track and meet ad-hoc reporting needs that arise. Working closely with S&OP colleagues to ensure product availability and forecast accuracy.
- Strategic engagements and relationships
Manage self in determining which strategic engagements with regulators, purchasing bodies, luminaries etc. need to be developed and maintained. (see below on collaboration)
- Strategic contribution and collaboration
Serve as part of the European management team in helping to determine strategy, setting targets, budgeting and working collaboratively with other functions when appropriate. The most notable close collaboration will be with Marketing and Operations.
- Measures of Success and accountabilities:
- Sales results for specified geographies and product categories
- Talent selection and engagement – having a team who achieve target
- Margin preservation and ASP (average selling price) maintenance
- New customers acquired
- Operating cost controls
- Investments in consignment, payment terms, events and programmes
- Ensuring that with finance any customer issues with payment are resolved swiftly and effectively.
- Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate level (life sciences desirable) with at least 5 years sales management experience with a demonstrable track record of achievement at individual and team level.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical, medical device, surgical aesthetics or medical consumable markets.
- B2B or key account management experience and contract negotiation (Private & Public Hospital Sector)
- Practical knowledge of OJEU tender process and various forms of awards
- Demonstrable knowledge of local market purchasing landscape and market drivers
- In depth knowledge of managing high performance sales team
- Experience of sales performance metrics
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Customer orientated with strong negotiation skills
Analytical and data-driven problem solver
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
For further information please contact: [email protected]
Please apply and attach your CV & cover letter on LinkedIn!