Responsible to: Chief Commercial Officer
Purpose of Job (Summary)
Summary of Role:
Responsible for growing and developing the GC Aesthetics organisation and overseeing the development of our business throughout the country. Develop, Lead and Manage the Direct Sales & Agent sales organisation for GC Aesthetics in country, supporting the strategy development, recruiting, leading, and motivating the sales team.
Ideal candidate will:
Take full responsibility for all commercial operations in the business in Colombia. The new incumbent will focus fully on driving revenue growth underpinned by development of best-in-class strategy and focus on commercial excellence and rigour.
The new Territory leader should therefore be able to work effectively with a complex set of individuals to build productive relationships and have the commercial leadership experience and competencies to build high quality strategies and tactics to drive and deliver growth. He /she will thus work closely with the executive team building and delivering the territory business plan.
He/she will be able to work closely also with medical professionals in the territory (Plastic surgeons, Breast surgeons, Oncologic Surgeons).
He/she must have an entrepreneurial appetite and background.
- Collaborate with CCO and Executive Team to develop the overall strategic direction for the business in the territory, evaluate alternative strategies and identify and overcome competitive issues
- Lead commercial activities within the territory.
- Drive the sales plans and budget for the region; ensuring cash collection resolution is effectively managed.
- Achieve the Sales Target in terms of volumes and profitability; leading the team to exceed targets.
- Capture increased market share and enhance the GC Aesthetics Brand awareness in the country.
- Advance and educate the sales team and provide coaching and training.
- Bring more experience of value selling, sales management and people development, to build up and maintain a competitive, sustainable and growing team
- Work with Marketing to define the long-term product, market strategy, in order to enhance Brand recognition and raise the customer satisfaction.
- Work with sales and manufacturing teams to ensure that we have coverage of the local market and deliver our product on time whilst embodying our We Care philosophy as we develop the business.
- Steering operational direction within the territory and providing tactical inputs in alignment with regional and corporate objectives.
- Ensuring effective and insightful, value creation opportunities for the territory.
- Achieving strong performance through market leading tactics and through excellence in people management.
- Partner with Global and Regional leaders to establish and improve commercial and functional processes while leveraging innovation opportunities.
- Lead and manage direct report people, agents and partners.
- Direct, supervise, coordinate and lead all relevant commercial activities in the region.
- Ensure the appropriate organizational structure is in place to meet current and future business needs.
- Manage the business, achieve sales targets and deliver financial objectives, to drive profit and margin growth.
- Aggressively drive business performance and increase market share by implementing innovative commercial strategies, successfully launching products and aggressively defending against competitive pressures. Deliver the business objectives for a portfolio of established and new products.
- Strike a balance between strategic leadership and “roll up your sleeves” execution in partnership with team members and other senior executives.
- Graduate level (life sciences desirable) with at least 5 years sales management experience with a demonstrable track record of achievement at individual and team level.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical, medical device, surgical aesthetics or medical consumable markets.
- B2B or key account management experience and contract negotiation
- Practical knowledge of tender process and various forms of tender awards
- Demonstrable knowledge of local market purchasing landscape and market drivers
- In depth knowledge of managing high performance sales team
- Experience of sales performance metrics
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Customer orientated with strong negotiation skills
- Analytical and data driven problem solver
- Fluent in Spanish and English language