Department: Manufacturing Operations
Purpose of Job:
- Primary Function is working within Planning Team to maintain Purchasing processes and related tasks by monitoring transactions and inventories of raw materials, equipment, supplies, and products ensuring on hand availability to facilitate manufacturing plans.
- You will also need to develop and maintain working relationships with external suppliers, and internal staff to make sure the day-to-day operations run smoothly & efficiently.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review AX Planned orders, preparing and reviewing purchase requisitions/orders as required.
- Raw Material Planning & Forecasting
- Monitor inventory levels and reconcile physical inventories.
- Communicate and liaise with Planning to ensure forward planning of raw and packing materials required is in line with production plan expectations.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Source price quotations and prepare purchase requisitions/orders
- Reconcile any purchase orders/Invoice queries for payment processing.
- Expedite and follow up with suppliers to schedule deliveries, resolve material or value discrepancy, outstanding and overdue delivery of orders, and return of materials
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant or previous experience as part of a Procurement team.
- Experience in AX Microsoft Dynamics or similar ERP system.
- Excellent communication skills